Suede headlining Rockway Beach

Anything about live shows related to the band
alexlee

Suede headlining Rockway Beach

Postby alexlee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Who's into this? Suede are headlining Rockaway Beach on the South Coast. It's at the Butlins in October, so you get free accommodation with the ticket price basically. Four of us sharing a suite, costing us about £145 each for all three days. Beats a tent. Second year of the festival, and looks to be a new ATP kind of deal. Echo & The Bunnymen there last year! Killing Joke and Saint Etienne are playing this year as well.

Copied this from Facebook below :)

Beach towels at the ready, we're delighted to introduce our special addition to the first wave announcement... Suede!!! That's right, THE multi-platinum, triple UK #1, forefront of British guitar music for almost a quarter of a century, Suede. They join the already announced Saint Etienne Official, Killing Joke, Lee Scratch Perry and many more, aboard the second voyage of the Good Ship Rockaway.
Secure your spot on board at http://bit.ly/RockawayBeachTix!

We should get a fan on fan game of bowling set up. Loser buys the drinks. #TeamOutsiders :lol:
AspieGirl4Brett

Re: Suede headlining Rockway Beach

Postby AspieGirl4Brett » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Oh, I'm wanting to see Suede later in the year. I'm a bit nervous, though, as the last man I ever loved finally packed me in at a similar event in Caister (near Great Yarmouth) back in 1984. So, bad vibes. The South Coast Butlins is at "romantic" Bognor Regis. Maybe I will go, if there are not going to be any standalone gigs. I don't like being on my own, so could I share a chalet with Suede? (I am domesticated: I can cook, keep the chalet tidy, do laundering, provide tea, sympathy and a maternal shoulder to cry on). Thanks.
AspieGirl4Brett

Re: Suede headlining Rockway Beach

Postby AspieGirl4Brett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Reply to self (sort-of) - or maybe more particularly to Alexlee re the fan on fan bowling (Team Outsiders). I'm quite sure that even a team of "Outsiders" wouldn't let me join. They try to chuck me out wherever I go. One reason why I won't be going. (Arrive at chalet and inspect sanitaryware. Bored because it's white; no coloured loos for my mental "collection" = boring). Stay in playing video games until Suede due on. Edge towards front to try to ensure that I'm close enough to touch the hand of God (Brett). Get shouted at by everyone to f*** off. There are Outsiders, and then there are Outsiders. You wouldn't REALLY want to be one.

Return to “Live”