AB, BRUSSELS, 6/02/16

Anything about live shows related to the band
belgian suedehead

AB, BRUSSELS, 6/02/16

Postby belgian suedehead » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 am

What a night! Crowd went berserk for the hits and treats-part.

MOVING
FLASHBOY
TRASH
ANIMAL NITRATE
IT STARTS AND ENDS
SOMETIMES I FEEL I'LL FLOAT AWAY
THE SOUND OF THE STREETS (acoustic/ Brett and Richard only)
SO YOUNG
METAL MICKEY
BEAUTIFUL ONES (Brett: "Let's tear the roof off this place")

EVERYTHING WILL FLOW (acoustic/ Brett, Richard and Neil)
NEW GENERATION

Brett was very chatty towards the end. Saying something to the likes of how the last album(s) was/were recorded here and how he hoped that some of the magic of the city and of Jacques Brell poured into it/them.

(PS: Anyone else surprised that Black Sabbath's Paranoid is on the mixtape during the break? Cool though.)
lazarus

Re: AB, BRUSSELS, 6/02/16

Postby lazarus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:31 am

I was in the first rows and was very surprised (again) to see such a frenzy in the crowd, even if most of us are now over 40. :)
Second part of the set was excellent (SOTS what a treat).

@ First part, I'm pretty sure there were playback/prerecorded sections, both vocal and music (like the last falsettos at the end of Fur & Feathers).
idiotic

Postby idiotic » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Well I thought Brett was in great vocal form overall - even if sometimes struggling with the high notes. If there were prerecorded sections they got away with them very well as far as I'm concerned because I didn't notice them. And if it helped turn Fur and the Feathers into the grandiose finale of part one it was, then so be it I suppose.

Very receptive crowd indeed, even if I was a bit frustrated with my position at the mixing desk for Moving - which unsurprisingly did not get much excitement where I was standing... A song I had been dying to witness once again for over 20 years and which was a total surprise to me as I had been avoiding setlists since the start of the tour. A great version too so - being followed by Flashboy where I had managed to move forward quite a bit - that was my obvious highlight of the show.

I missed Paranoid during the intermission - probably my break at the bar - but I do remember Sonic Youth's Kool Thing, Killing Joke's Love Like Blood, The Cult's Sanctuary... And then of course into the Pistols' Bodies and a snippet of Philip Glass as entrance to the second part of the show. I remember more Glass being played before the first part, anyone recognized anything more?
belgian suedehead

Postby belgian suedehead » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Some nice pics from yesterday's show:

http://www.cuttingedge.be/photoalbums/suede-ab-brussel
belgian suedehead

Postby belgian suedehead » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:58 am

idiotic wrote: and a snippet of Philip Glass as entrance to the second part of the show. I remember more Glass being played before the first part, anyone recognized anything more?

Does anyone know the name of the Philip Glass-song?
idiotic

Postby idiotic » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:13 pm

belgian suedehead wrote:
idiotic wrote: and a snippet of Philip Glass as entrance to the second part of the show. I remember more Glass being played before the first part, anyone recognized anything more?

Does anyone know the name of the Philip Glass-song?

The entrance music to the second part of the show is Vessels from Koyaanisqatsi, but I also remember some Glass being played (way too quietly) before the Night Thoughts part, along with other contemporary/classical music, curious to know what was in there.

https://youtu.be/uc1vu4sVYdA
belgian suedehead

Postby belgian suedehead » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Thanx!

Return to “Live”