Night Thoughts tour second sets - Hits and treats

Anything about live shows related to the band
shecanwalkoutanytime

Re: Night Thoughts tour second sets - Hits and treats

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:51 pm

The film gets mixed response indeed but the acoustic stuff on this tour is unbelievable
watched My Dark Star from Hamburg
and others - speechless.
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:22 am

Bloody London got High Rising and To The Birds... monster set too, several more song than the other dates.

Belfast

Moving
Trash
Nitrate
Heroine
Filmstar
Sabotage
Down (acoustic)
So Young
Mickey
Beautiful Ones

Everything Will Flow
New Gen

London

Hollywood Life
Flashboy
Trash
Nitrate
Heroine
Filmstar
Pantomime Horse
High Rising (acoustic)
For The Strangers
So Young
Mickey
Beautiful Ones

Everything Will Flow
To The Birds
New Gen
Danny

Postby Danny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm not exaggerating when I say hearing To The Birds live last night was the most uplifting experience of my life since my first ecstasy pill. Love that song more than life itself.

Danny.
Everydayslikesunday

Postby Everydayslikesunday » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:33 pm

The London show set list is stunning, I wish I was there. I think the song High Rising is very under rated.
Like skeletons ever so pretty
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:14 am

Everydayslikesunday wrote:The London show set list is stunning, I wish I was there. I think the song High Rising is very under rated.

It's probably my favourite Suede song - a beautiful bit of writing, gorgeous production and a great lyric. A good example of what Bernard and Ed were capable of when they were both pointed in the same direction.
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:18 am

Ok, Leeds was pretty stunning - a monster second set.

Moving
My Insatiable One
Can't Get Enough
Trash
Nitrate
We Are The Pigs
Flashboy
Sabotage
Europe Is Our Playground ( acoustic )
For The Strangers
So Young
Mickey
Beautiful Ones

Everything Will Flow
New Gen
space_travelers01

Postby space_travelers01 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Oh, I just knew that they played darkest days at the 13/11 roundhouse gig! :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPoj6D20Vu0
Far from space
jrcjohnny99

Postby jrcjohnny99 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:25 am

space_travelers01 wrote:Oh, I just knew that they played darkest days at the 13/11 roundhouse gig! :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPoj6D20Vu0

That was a fantastic version;
loved that show, the only one I could make as I was only back in the UK for a few days
hoping the tour comes to the US at some point...
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:33 pm

It is great to have the oppurtunity to see the gigs and rarities. I recall when I saw Suede after a decade I just dived into all the stuff, let myself go and drowned into the music
have done it a lot
nowadays I can see the mannerisms in their show like any great bands it is a thin line: is there something you want to see something new except all the love and care and affection for the band or is it like we are, I am, repeating it despite (and after) brand new places. That is why I quite liked the Night Thoughts show cos there was the extra element.
So the band can discontinue to play live in some point and/or you do not feel real to go and see them anymore, you have to break the pattern and question it. Some people run to a hundred gigs of the same band it is amazing but I cannot see myself doing that even though Suede is surely the one I want to see (and the best excuse to travel) cos the songs are so bloody good and Brett is so fucking great and it just feels right. Until it doesn't. Well we'll see.
AspieGirl4Brett

Postby AspieGirl4Brett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:38 pm

Wow - some of you guys really get around; I salute you! Me , I only got to the first one of these sets; i.e. the Camden Roundhouse. I'm completely lacking in cynicism re live stuff, as I've got that (autistic) thing in my head which asks, do these people REALLY exist? (I mean; people on the radio, magazines, on TV etc; although I'm aware logically that they exist, I find it hard to accept, as I can only perceive existence in my own - good for nothing, virtually non-existent terms. It's a bit of a Shrodinger's cat kind of thing). When I first saw and touched Brett, it "surprised" me that he was real. So, I don't really mind what songs they do: the poor loves must have one hell of a task - how to please the casual attendees AND the fans at the same time. Regarding the "first half" (Night Thoughts) specifically; I was interested in the film, as I'd already done a godawful amateur video to the single "Outsiders" when it came out. Yes, it was depressing, with copious vomiting (something which especially resonated with me, as I have a phobia about emesis). However, all was explained for ME (capitals deliberate) - when I learned that Roger Sargent' s Mother had died shortly before he took the project on. There must have been a huge element of catharsis, for which vomiting is surely an eloquent metaphor. I imagine this would have resonated with Suede. If I am lucky enough to ever see them again, I will be very happy with anything they play: - and Brett will still be the very brightest star in my tiny universe.

Return to “Live”