Leicester

suede82

Leicester

Postby suede82 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Well done.
This is the reason I love watching the premier league so much. Because of stories like that.

The German league is strong and the german football is the best there is, but the league itself doesn't change much. Bayern Munich will always be champions, and in Spain Barca and R.Madrid will always fight on the top.
Boooooring.

But the English league...maybe weaker technically but so interesting. All that drama...I love it.

Good job, boys.
round the bend

Re: Leicester

Postby round the bend » Sun May 08, 2016 10:44 am

They just blew everything apart, not only the English league - no-one has excuses anymore. It's a wonderful story and makes everyone dream. Can't think of a sporting achievement as miraculous as this, nice to live to see it.

May I use this moment here to also say well done to all the families of the 96 who fought until the end to reach justice. Unbelievable strength to keep fighting for nearly thirty years against all the injustice, prejudice and ridicule the UK's politicians and press have smeared upon them
he puts his faith in the moment.. outsiders
catboy77

Postby catboy77 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:11 pm

As a Derby fan living in Leicester, well done Leicester.

But some people have short memories (too much tv and internet innit) - a greater achievement happened in 77/78/79 in Nottingham.

Brian Clough took Forest from the bottom of Division 2 to the top of the First Division and then went onto win the European Cup - and they achieved all this whilst having a fag at half time!

Back to the music then.....
suede82

Postby suede82 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:33 am

True, and there's a good film about Brian Claugh called "the damned united" (if some of you want to hear the whole story).

Return to “General Discussion”