See you here again on April 24th :)
Jayyj

Re: Game of Thrones.

Postby Jayyj » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Aye, I'm in. Not long now...
suede82

Postby suede82 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:29 pm

By the way, I've just read that the 8th season is going to be the last, and that it will only have like 6 episodes or something :|
AspieGirl4Brett

Postby AspieGirl4Brett » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:03 pm

I know that this show is HUGE, so I hope you guys enjoy the next season (or "series", as I still quaintly call it in the British vernacular). I'm afraid I don't understand fantasy at all - I don't know what is happening, nor can I relate to it; I'm strictly kitchen sink. I don't have satellite, nor any equivalent TV service either: purely the bare minimum of channels (still too many). My current favourite is the re-runs of "The Sweeney" on ITV4. It makes me happy. It takes me back to when I was a teenager. I can recognise the (London) locations, even though many are far more derelict than they are today. Oh, and everyone smoked and drank too much then. Really, I'm not being sarcastic; I actually envy you people who are in tune with today, so to speak. I'm a fucking anachronism - and that's not a comfortable thing to be.
suede82

Postby suede82 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:57 pm

anyone seen?
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am

Yeah, thought it was a good start although I thought they tried to juggle too many storylines for one episode. I liked the sneaky Monty Python reference from the Dothraki. Bit disappointed the Dorne storyline is carrying on.

Of all the rumoured plot ideas, I really hope Sansa and Brienne getting the rage and taking on Lady Stoneheart plot from the book is going to happen. Seems like it might from the opening episode.

What did you think?
suede82

Postby suede82 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:55 pm

It's amazing, everyone is disappointed with the continuation of the Dorne story line (me too).

Well the stories I find most interesting at the moment are the story of Sansa and Arya's.
I have a feeling that little Arya won't stay blind for good.

and of course I'm curious about what the red woman will do about Snow's killers.

Tyrion's story with khalissi- I expected more of that. I really wanted to see the 2 of them conquering, doing things together, and nothing came out of it.
And now the chances are even weaker to see it happening.

But all in all, it seemed promising, and I can't wait for the next episode.
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:37 pm

As far as the Dorne thread is concerned I think GOT's biggest problem generally is juggling a lot of storylines so that you often have to wait quite a while to find out how a cliffhanger resolves (tuning in to see how Tyrion survives his trial by combat and having to sit through 40 minutes of Brienne and Pod wandering aimlessly through an interminable forest before Tyrion gets a mention, that sort of thing) - so chucking in a bunch of new characters you're not already emotionally invested in just slows the show down. The books are far worse in that respect, I've no idea who half the characters are at this point. There seem to be a lot of vikings and Dornish princes that are mercifully not in the tv show but they all blur into each other.

In the books Arya's blindness is part of her training, so pretty sure she'll get her sight back. No idea what will happen with Sansa but I've got my fingers crossed for her - she's been the victim for way too long. There are apparently Freys in this season - I'd love it if Sansa and Brienne spend the season hunting them down to avenge the red wedding.

The trailer showed Tyrion dicking about with dragons so I wouldn't despair just yet of the Tryion / Kharleesi story.

No idea what's going on with Melissandra yet, that's the bit I'm most curious about. Davos is great as well, loved his dialogue with Thorne through the door.

Looking forward to next week though, first episode felt like a bit of a recap but lots of promise.
suede82

Postby suede82 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Jayyj wrote:As far as the Dorne thread is concerned I think GOT's biggest problem generally is juggling a lot of storylines so that you often have to wait quite a while to find out how a cliffhanger resolves (tuning in to see how Tyrion survives his trial by combat and having to sit through 40 minutes of Brienne and Pod wandering aimlessly through an interminable forest before Tyrion gets a mention, that sort of thing) - so chucking in a bunch of new characters you're not already emotionally invested in just slows the show down.

spot on!
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 am

Pretty good second episode. Tyrion, Ramsey and Davos all on good form. Someone needs to give Theon a cuddle and tell him it's going to be alright, he looks awful.

Although Jamie needs to sort out the dick in the burlap sack pretty sharpish. Weird he can happily take on a couple of dozen heavily armed knights but a few monks with clubs that looked suspiciously like they were made from polystyrene and he's suddenly looking all nervous.

Return to “General Discussion”