Best 90's album

Anything about other bands/music/artists
Mackenzie_Caron

Re: Best 90's album

Postby Mackenzie_Caron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:14 am

Totally missed this discussion. Glad to see other people share my feeling that radiohead is overrated (On that note, I saw their new album called "a collection of dystopian lullabies" somewhere and that really irked me. It's been done. Anyway, here's my list
Dog Man Star, obviously
Sci Fi Lullabies- Stronger overall songs than the debut
Parklife- Sorry, love me some Damon
Tilt- Scott Walker
Bona Drag- Morrissey: Not a proper album, I know but my favourite Morrissey album
Different Class- Pulp
13- Blur: I mean, I really love Damon
Elastica
Smart- Sleeper
In Utero- Nirvana: got to give it to 'em.

I'm absolutely forgetting something obvious.
Everydayslikesunday

Postby Everydayslikesunday » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:57 pm

It's funny how many people tell me Bona Drag is their favourite Morrissey album even though it is a compilation. It is a similar story with Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths.
Like skeletons ever so pretty
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:32 pm

To answer what is best is no use really but cos we are here I say (sunshine will blow my mind/and wind blows my brain)
Coming Up
Listened to a lot bands around here in the Polar Bear Arctic circle those times no-one would know them so shall not drop the names
but I really got the spirit up and appreciated Suede in my b and s via that record walked through it on the streets played it over & over
remembering I said to someone at a Suede gig 1997 NOW I really have got it how good this band is

cos for example Sci-fi or DMS were cool and wful but somehow at the same time complex a bit weird and distant
funny cos now I think the other way round
cannot listen to CU too much and hungry for a Sci-fi Lullabies live show
one more time with a feeling, right?
Mackenzie_Caron

Postby Mackenzie_Caron » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Everydayslikesunday wrote:It's funny how many people tell me Bona Drag is their favourite Morrissey album even though it is a compilation. It is a similar story with Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths.

I think one thing about Bona Drag is that it appeals to people who prefer The Smiths to Morrissey's solo stuff because it seems to be his poppies the record. That's part of why I like it, also because I get a serious London vibe from it.
ac12000_0

Postby ac12000_0 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Radiohead - OK Computer
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet

Return to “Other Bands”