Coal Black Mornings - "An Evening With Brett Anderson"

Everything Brett solo related
AspieGirl4Brett

Coal Black Mornings - "An Evening With Brett Anderson"

Postby AspieGirl4Brett » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 pm

There have been several special evening events in Britain to publicise Brett's "Coal Black Mornings". I attended the "Evening With Brett Anderson" event in Bath, Somerset a couple of nights ago. As you probably know, although Brett keeps a flat in London, his "family" home is in this area now. This experience was very nostalgic for me, as my own family used to visit the region quite frequently when I was a child - and it's been at least 44 years since I was last in Bath. Although I style myself as Brett's biggest fan - and namecheck this love in my forum identity - I was actually quite afraid of meeting my hero "up close". I was worried that he might be starry, anal, aloof etc. and that I would be seriously disillusioned. I wasn't. As you know, I'm on the autistic spectrum, and I probably come over as very silly and childish at times, so apologies for that in advance. I'm simply going to post below - word for word - what I posted on my Social Media (pffft) sites. I hope that some others of you had equally moving experiences.

"I have just had the pleasure of meeting the beautiful Mr Brett Anderson in Bath, at an evening event to celebrate the publication of his wonderful, evocative, deeply human and literary book, "Coal Black Mornings". Brett was interviewed about his book, followed by an audience Q and A, and subsequently stayed to personalise books, share a few words with - and pose for photos with - anyone who wanted to do so. What an amazing evening, and what a lovely man! In person, Brett is the antithesis of the stereotypical egotistical celeb. He is warm, intelligent, funny, thoughtful and self-deprecating. Oh.. and as well as emerging with a Brett-hand-written dedication in the front of my own copy of the book, I came away with this photograph. Ambition achieved - so this time, I don't even care how I look. I'm with Brett Anderson!!"
Attachments
MeAndBrettCroppedResized.jpg
MeAndBrettCroppedResized.jpg (184.87 KiB) Viewed 513 times
shecanwalkoutanytime

Re: Coal Black Mornings - "An Evening With Brett Anderson"

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Wow, great, you both look good in Bath
I spent last night constantly listening to Morrissey both songs and interviews - what a divine voice many times just too much cos of that and a certain sadness - blame Coal cos it boomeranged me back to the late 80s even earlier to my Abba fandom formative years when I picked up my aunts albums and chose the best Abba songs "have always loved" into a c. I was six or seven.
Abba btw were always bout the glamorous adorable Agnetha & Frida and their voices, never really B & B. Those letters were to come.
Asbestos1999

Postby Asbestos1999 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:57 am

There's a fab long interview with Brett on YouTube. Waterstones book signing and Q and A session. Comes across intelligent, humorous and down to earth.
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Stop making sense
drove today two hundred miles with the Sound of the Smiths had a blues but what a relief the music was again just wonderful ... and heaven knows I'm miserable now
we are all gone soon but some of us are able to make music to make a life a bit more bearable
like the song i mentioned do you really think any song ever is needed anymore after a perfect song, a perfect day
and anyone whoever knows the ten ton truck
Abandon hope all ye who enter here

yes, oh yes, new songs are needed for the lovers
for the lovers
because otherwise we die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah2NgBVC1ps

Return to “Brett Anderson”