New Suede Single Outsiders

Everything Suede related
Edd

Re: New Suede Single Outsiders

Postby Edd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:02 pm

If anyone has a promo I could buy, let me know, as I've missed out of winning for a few on eBay.
spank

Postby spank » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 am

Not impressed by this song but then again I've always liked album tracks and b-sides better than the singles...still have high hopes for the album. With a song title like The Fur And The Feathers (enging the album) I don't really see how you can go wrong.
Last Boy Alive

Postby Last Boy Alive » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Chorus is cool, verses are mediocre, begging riff is just bad.
I absolutely love Tightrope and What I'm Trying to Tell You and I'm serious about it. I ABSOLUTELY love these songs. I can't imgaine why they released something like Outsiders while they have them. The same situation as with Barriers. Outsiders is equivalent of Barriers. They released Barriers as first single, while having Faultiness, Hit Me, Snowblind etc.
It doesn't even sound like Suede. It is blank. It's not completely bad, but it is not Suede.
round the bend

Postby round the bend » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:31 am

Last Boy Alive wrote:Chorus is cool, verses are mediocre, begging riff is just bad.
I absolutely love Tightrope and What I'm Trying to Tell You and I'm serious about it. I ABSOLUTELY love these songs. I can't imgaine why they released something like Outsiders while they have them. The same situation as with Barriers. Outsiders is equivalent of Barriers. They released Barriers as first single, while having Faultiness, Hit Me, Snowblind etc.
It doesn't even sound like Suede. It is blank. It's not completely bad, but it is not Suede.

Well they began the odd single choices from way back circa Dog Man Star, when they chose the gloomier, as some said 'more difficult' We Are The Pigs instead of, say, Wild Ones. I don't mind personally, thought it was a cool choice for a first single, though it didn't do them any favours on the markets. Same with Barriers, etc. Though Outsiders for me is more a grower and points in an interesting direction regarding the upcoming album.
he puts his faith in the moment.. outsiders
Jan (Icke)

Postby Jan (Icke) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Last Boy Alive wrote: while having Faultiness, Hit Me, Snowblind etc.

To me any of these songs would have been an utter disappointment whereas Barriers served the purpose. It was a great introduction to the new sound and record. I would have made Sabotage the first single though.

I'm also deeply in love with Outsiders now. It's one of their strongest tracks of the newer material (i.e. Suede Mark2 V2)
The Boy Racer

Postby The Boy Racer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:50 am

Jan (Icke) wrote:
Last Boy Alive wrote: while having Faultiness, Hit Me, Snowblind etc.

To me any of these songs would have been an utter disappointment whereas Barriers served the purpose. It was a great introduction to the new sound and record. I would have made Sabotage the first single though.

I'm also deeply in love with Outsiders now. It's one of their strongest tracks of the newer material (i.e. Suede Mark2 V2)

Barriers was embarrassing... Did not sound like Suede at all.... Bloodsports had a lot of lovely moments though!!
galeta

Postby galeta » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:52 am

Is there any artwork for this single or a physical release?
Mackenzie_Caron

Postby Mackenzie_Caron » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:04 am

I actually really like the lyrics to the verse and the sound of the chorus. I don't care so much for the lyrics to the chorus, I feel like the whole "outsiders" idea is a bit goth/emo-y for my liking. The song as a whole is strong though and I was reading an interview with Brett earlier where he mentioned that it was written as his romanticized vision of his parents relationship which I found quite interesting and made me warm to it a bit more.
I do feel less concerned that the band tried to make Dog Man Star 2 with this after hearing the single.
On an unrelated note. Does anyone know if the US itunes is going to have Night Thoughts or have the US and Suede finally had enough of each other?
space75gr

Postby space75gr » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 pm

A monster of a track, over the top, over everything, with heavy waves of guitar hitting in every level. A nasty n cold piece of music that make me think of "we are the pigs''/killing od a flashboy/together'', dressed up really clever under the melodic/mature singing by Brett and the romance of his lyrics.Suede classic.

Return to “Suede”