The Invisibles

Everything Suede related
Joe Col

The Invisibles

Postby Joe Col » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:42 am

https://youtu.be/Gqzvcj0-kF4

New song & video.
Will be releasing a new track each month until The Blue Hour is released.
99p

Re: The Invisibles

Postby 99p » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 am

Subtle flavour this one. More of a mood setter or a prelude. Seems to be being marketed that way. Haven't heard it referred to as a single, just 'new music from Suede' or 'a track from the album'. Feels like it'll work better in context and the surrounding tracks will give it a lift.

Probably a smart choice to put out first 'cos I won't have played it to death by the time the album's out and find myself skipping it. Can't say I'm disappointed with it, obviously superb production and well performed. But not a lot to get to grips with. My guess is next month's track will be the most different-sounding thing on the album to this - either to try and surprise us, or to demonstrate the breadth of the album.

Muted response on here - has everyone fled to social media? or are we still letting it settle in and reserving judgment? Even on YouTube, there's not one comment after 77,000 views. It's quite a mild piece so a mild reaction is understandable. Anyone feel extreme about it?
belgian suedehead

Postby belgian suedehead » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

I think everyone is having their say at the official Suede-facebook page and of course at the Insatiable Ones-page.
The absence of any comments on the new song on YT is strange, but I think there's a possibility that the administrator of the YT-channel has deliberately kept the comment section clean for god knows what reason.

I feel more or less the same about the song as you do. A beautiful song, but not one that I find myself going back to on the other hand.
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Same thoughts here
at first it reminded me of Blood Sports 2nd half which is not my favorite but after some repeats and specifically loud upstairs and hearing it downstairs quite loved it

Let's see what the future brings
rafaelLA or delLA

Postby rafaelLA or delLA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

songs titles are very promising but first of the two tracks that they have already realised ... hmm :?:

Return to “Suede”