Coal Black Mornings

Everything Suede related
dogmanstar

Coal Black Mornings

Postby dogmanstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am

Just finished Brett’s book Coal Black Mornings. Just wanted to say what an absolutely beautifully written masterpiece it is. Would love a follow up! Talking of follow ups - anybody hear any news on Suede 8?
dogmanstar

Re: Coal Black Mornings

Postby dogmanstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am

Apologies - I just realised all the posts about the book in the Brett Anderson section. My mistake
shecanwalkoutanytime

Re: Coal Black Mornings

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 am

Dms: our mistake, perhaps. There probably is - like in those teenage years - a wonderful wall of Suede fans 50 years old mums & dads (grannies?) inside (and fencing for the millionth time the front row since the last 25 years maybe) they just do not bother to discuss with some outsiders
there is come on, some crisps and cakes anyway to pass on to the artist in the UK and follow him anywhere.

Seems to me the author is very clearheaded nowadays and his interviews cause of the book have been occasionally interesting quite much depending on who is making the questions and what kind of energy is there.

I would not describe it as a brilliant book in comparison B. performing on stage which is brilliant cos it is just unique so experienced and total and also fresh
there is many writers however
it is a sweet and real and sane book and it is like I today saw Daniel Day-Lewis in his last role in Phantom Thread never a celebrity but a professional...
I love professionals
that is definitely how I felt five years ago at Alexandra Palace in the chilly London Easter

Return to “Suede”