So here we are...again

Everything Suede related
SimonOnly
Site Admin

So here we are...again

Postby SimonOnly » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Excuse the somewhat long nature of this thread, but I just wanted to set my stall out...

After a heads-up about the closure of the old Suede forum, I took it upon myself to make sure there continued to be a place where all Suede/Brett fans could come to to share their passion for the band and the main man himself. I have started this forum up to replace the old Suede forum which was retired alongside the launch of the new Suede website for Night Thoughts. I have the backing of Suede's management and aim to carry-on where things left on... in some respects at least.

I know that the old forums had become a bit of a barren wasteland for new threads and actual, real, discussion. There was a lot of bitching and trolling going on and frankly I can't blame Didz and the band for wanting to just get shot of it. However, as mentioned I still believe that there is a need for a central place where fans from all over the globe can come and communicate their thoughts and love for the music, the band, the artwork, the gigs and anything else they want to discuss about music or their daily lives, the good and the bad, hopes and fears. I want this forum to be a much more grown-up place, if possible, and will certainly look to assign moderators to each section (holla if you feel up to it by the way!). I want this to be a community again, rather than a collection of disgruntled fans and alts. I will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour and feel I shouldn't need too frankly. We are all here for similar reasons and with a new album out in 2016 there is plenty of room for positive discussion and debate without getting personal. At the end of the day, just DON'T BE A DICK and everything should be hunky-dory.

I want to note also that this forum is separate from my http://a-different-place.co.uk site, which remains a fan led site run my me. I obviously want to link the two in terms of info sharing as I manage, and pay for, both each year (e.g. domains and hosting), but am not having adverts or asking for money from you, the fans.

I do everything I do with regards to Brett and Suede because I am a fan and want to give something back, it's the reason I started ADP back in 2009, to help promote Brett's solo career at a time when it was just starting off still and needed some help in terms of getting the word out.

So with that in mind, go forth and multiply...new threads and posts, funny memes and endless polls about your favourite Bernard Butler chords or guesses at the length of Neil's hair. Just have fun and please let everyone know this place is still alive!

Simon Q xx
tufty

Re: So here we are...again

Postby tufty » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Agree with everything above. The old forum had some amusing posters but it died a death long ago.

Your new site looks fab Simon, congratulations!

Can we have a bootleg section please? : ) x
sally

Postby sally » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Simon

Please ignore my email about not being able to log in, as you can see I worked it out in the end.

I'm glad you are continuing the forum, there is no mention on the Suede site that it had gone, just no link. I was hoping to look up the track listing for De La Warr earlier this year, someone had posted it on the forum, if you could resurrect that I would be grateful.

Will this still be the place for information regarding gigs and venue info which used to be put up as stickies? Or has the whole nature of it changed?

Weirdly, I was listening to Outsiders today when our Suede tickets dropped through the door.

Keep up the good work and many thanks.

Sally
SimonOnly
Site Admin

Postby SimonOnly » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 pm

sally wrote:Hi Simon

Please ignore my email about not being able to log in, as you can see I worked it out in the end.

I'm glad you are continuing the forum, there is no mention on the Suede site that it had gone, just no link. I was hoping to look up the track listing for De La Warr earlier this year, someone had posted it on the forum, if you could resurrect that I would be grateful.

Will this still be the place for information regarding gigs and venue info which used to be put up as stickies? Or has the whole nature of it changed?

Weirdly, I was listening to Outsiders today when our Suede tickets dropped through the door.

Keep up the good work and many thanks.

Sally

Hey!

Well this forum has not yet 'officially' launched so is still a work in progress. But, I would say it won't have the volume of official posts as it is run by myself, not Suede or their management. Hopefully they may register and post here though!

I would always keep an eye on the official Facebook, Twitter and Website and of course my site!
markreed

Postby markreed » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Implement, Yeah. Hello everyone. This isn't a fucking tea party, you know!
suedeportugal

Postby suedeportugal » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot Simon!!! This blue colour for the forum is cool :D
mandy

Postby mandy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:34 pm

First forum post since suede.net days.

play nice
LeoThoughtCloud

Postby LeoThoughtCloud » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Good work Simon
Highrising

Postby Highrising » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:33 pm

I agree with everything you said Simon, good work!
Stop making me older, start making me new
buttercup

Postby buttercup » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks for the good work, Simon! I truly hope this new incarnation will be in the true spirit of the band.
Any chance you can switch the text and backgroud colours? It is extremely difficult to read the white on black...

Thanks and see you at the gigs!
Image Image

Buttercup - The Infernal Flower From The Holy Land

Return to “Suede”