Joe Col

Suede Silver Anniversary Edition

Postby Joe Col » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0797M ... s=suede+25

25th Anniversary Edition of the debut.
puffypowers

Re: Suede Silver Anniversary Edition

Postby puffypowers » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:41 am

I saw this yesterday too. My initial thoughts that this was as even as a massive Suede fan, that this a totally unnecessary release especially as there have been a few revised editions in the last few years. How many times can can you repackage the same product and sell it to your fans? Mmm. The only upside is that they might play live to promote it!
Joe Col

Postby Joe Col » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:11 pm

puffypowers wrote:I saw this yesterday too. My initial thoughts that this was as even as a massive Suede fan, that this a totally unnecessary release especially as there have been a few revised editions in the last few years. How many times can can you repackage the same product and sell it to your fans? Mmm. The only upside is that they might play live to promote it!

yeah, I didn't pull the trigger on this as of yet. The rerelease from a few years back has pretty much all of this, aside from the monitor mixes. The packaging looks nice, though.
round the bend

Postby round the bend » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:36 am

The most interesting bit in this one seems to be the hour long discussion with Brett and Bernard. But I just won't get a fourth copy of this album! Same thing with the Dog Man Star box set, managed to resist. Already have four copies of Bowie's Ziggy era albums thanks to all these new sets and that is probably a bit sad. Ah the life of us faithfuls.

(surely there won't be giga-anniversary-sets of Head Music and Morning)
he puts his faith in the moment.. outsiders
Jayyj

Postby Jayyj » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 pm

I've ordered it. I always felt like the 2011 sets were good value but would happily have paid a little more for them to be a bit more luxurious, so I'll enjoy having this. It's a shame there's not more in the archives and I guess given this is the last obvious opportunity to tag the Be My God era stuff onto something the band have decided they don't want the very early stuff to get an official release, but it is what it is. Interestingly the monitor mixes aren't the bootlegged monitor misses from the first album - they should have asked, I'd have sent them my copy!

I'm looking forward to watching the new video stuff - although I wonder if it's going to be the raw interview from doing the liner notes to the albums box set.
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 am

Oh well not a surprise I would never order a thing like that
*yack*
but cant wait Brett's memoir, a month only!
shecanwalkoutanytime

Postby shecanwalkoutanytime » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 am

... what comes to oldies I might buy a box of something around this
walk this way...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUe2Bw5YTXQ (see the slogan at Piccadilly Circus: Simply Years Ahead)
lucky you who have seen Brett & co. young I have seen MM and Bono young it makes it a bit easier Silver And Gold

well I would not really have to get so easily
triggered and carried away but
when it comes to the best bands ever
and I still do think I found all the best as a teen and so ... all of them are still around in a way or other. Most bands are vanished, gone, ages ago. But THE bands, the best ones, three, four, the obvious best are still around in one way or another.
And I give a fuck to silver anniversary edition. Live shows please assholes.
The bliss.
Last Boy Alive

Postby Last Boy Alive » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm

The more unreleased demos they release, the better. That's it folks. That's it...
Blackout

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 am

Is this anniversary edition a new remaster of the main album and perhaps the b-sides?

Return to “Suede”